Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Last few weeks

So I go back to work tomorrow and I'm kinda freaking out a bit!!!! It came up so fast...I can't believe that Austin is 7 weeks old. Time really does fly. I was thinking back on all that has happened since the last time I wrote so I thought I'd give you all a recap.

The first weeks were really hard...ok so the first month was pretty hard. Trying to adjust to having a little person to care for and mostly just trying to figure out why he was crying. Mike's mom and her husband came right after Austin was born and they were are HUGE help. But then we were on our own...and mostly I was on my own, at least during the day. Mike was able to have a ton of work right after Austin was born, which was such a God thing, but that meant I was at home alone with Austin. It was scary, I didn't know what I was doing.  Mike would get home in the afternoon and he would be my saving grace. He has been a great dad, very patient and is so supportive of me and helps with so many things. But the beginning was hard for both of us, Austin would cry and we would have no idea what to do to help him. But he was about the cutest baby ever and our little miracle and would melt our hearts all the time. It's amazing how you can love something so much.

Now here we are a little over 7 weeks later and we are pros at this...well, ok not pros but we sure feel like we have a better grasp on things. Austin is now able to stay awake for longer periods of time and he is happy more and more of that awake time. He has smiled, but of course I can't catch it on the camera. We love "talking" to him and having him respond in his own little way. He of course loves his swing and is very interested in the high contrast pictures I have taped to everything. 

We are trying to take as many pictures as we can. Sometimes we get caught up in the moment and forget that we need to document what is going on since it's going to go by so fast. But here are a few more pictures from these past few weeks 

Austin's Halloween Costume 

Mike's brother Derek and his wife Laura came to visit for Thanksgiving

We are so blessed to have this little baby in our lives. We didn't know that something was missing in our lives until he arrived. Can't imagine life without him now. As he starts to amaze us with his many talents we will be sure to document it and share it with you all. Thank you for spending a bit of time reading what we have been up to. 






No comments:

Post a Comment